Join the Team/Job Postings
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (MACINTOSH)
Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc., an Academy Award®-winning, state-of-the-art visual effects and character animation company dedicated to the artistry of digital production and character creation, seeks qualified candidates to join its Systems Engineering department as a Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for technical first- and second-level support of 1,000+ users in a dynamic, high-performance visual effects and animation production environment.
Primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Remote administration using JAMF, Apple Remote Desktop and Munki.
- Installation, deployment and maintenance of hardware, operating systems and software. Imaging of Mac desktop and laptop systems.
- Application installation and administration.
- Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation.
- Strong scripting skills (tcsh, bash, python).
- Technical assistance to a wide range of end users in a customer-service oriented organization.
- After hours, holiday and weekend support as scheduled in advance.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to provide thorough written documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer oriented focus.
- The ability to perform at a high caliber and in compliance with Industry Best Practices and Procedures on individual assignments/projects as well as on team assignments/projects.
- Self-guided triage and follow-through skills to best respond to assigned duties.
- A team focused mindset.
Education, Skills & Certifications
- Degree in Computer Science or in a related field. Significant industry experience may be substituted.
- Seven years of Macintosh Administration and Support Experience in a production environment.
- Experience in supporting mission-critical systems to ensure high availability.
- Experience in a large, heterogeneous computing environment (Mac, Windows and Linux) a plus.
- Extensive networking experience with TCP/IP, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and other directory services, used across local and wide-area/metro-area networks of varying topologies.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps and Shotgun a plus.
To Apply:Please submit a resume and reel link to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Color Scientist
- Experienced Animator
- Pipeline TD
- Experienced Pipeline TD
- Texture Artist
- Experienced Texture Artist
- FX Artist
- Experienced FX Artist
- Experienced Lighter
- Experienced Modeler
- Character FX TD
- Experienced Character FX TD
- Experienced Compositor
- Matte Painter
- Experienced Matte Painter
- Layout Artist
- Experienced Layout Artist
- Experienced Rigger
- Software Engineer (for Web development)
- Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- SHADER WRITER
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned