Join the Team/Job Postings
iCAD Apprentice - Lighting Artists
Sony Imageworks is seeking iCAD Apprentice - Lighting Artists!
Imageworks is offering an opportunity to recent grads and Junior artists that want to get their foot in the door of a top tier VFX & Animation company. It is a paid, 6 week training program with the intent of having successful graduates work on one of our many tentpole productions.
Learn to design and implement lighting of characters and environments for assigned shots that meet and enhance the given art direction for a production. Able to light multiple types of scenes from simple to moderately difficult. Compositing experience required. Ensures that shots fit the continuity of the sequence. Develops solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction. Has a clear vision of how art/technology should function. Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets. Interacts with supervisors/peers to exchange information relevant to the show or sequences. Works with production team to determine best possible design solutions. You will be exposed to methodologies on how to decipher as well as follow through on shot turnovers, dailies, briefings/ notes and feedback. Successful candidates should be able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently to determine the various design solutions.
Must be Canadian citizens, have their permanent residency or possess a current 2 year work visa.
Knowledge of Katana, Linux, UNIX and scripting ability in relevant languages including Python highly desirable. Knowledge of Arnold shading, volume rendering and raytracing experience preferred. Knowledge of relevant compositing software including Nuke preferred.
Please submit a reel link, resume, and shot breakdown to email@example.com for consideration.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Software Engineer (for Web development)
- Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
- Texture Painter
- Matte Painter
- Houdini FX Technical Directors
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- iCAD Apprentice - Character FX Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Lighting Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Houdini FX Artists
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned