Join the Team/Job Postings
Growth Opportunities for advancement
Committed to nurturing talent and building the careers of its artists.
At Sony Pictures Imageworks, we provide an exciting and dynamic work environment for artists, production managers, technologists, administrative professionals and interactive marketers and designers.
We pride ourselves on offering all employees the greatest opportunity to grow and advance within the company. Imageworks is not a company that will limit your growth - we encourage it - knowing that the entire company benefits from the individual development and advancement of each of our artists.
We take pride in our work and it exhibits itself in our positive, team-oriented culture. We look for opportunities to come together as a company whether through company-wide meetings where we update everyone on our latest news and achievements to social events, philanthropic efforts and employee perks programs.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an EO/AA employer.
Please note that there may not be any positions immediately open, but we are always accepting applications for potential positions. To apply, please send resume and on-line link to your reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sony Pictures Imageworks is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please click here.
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Facility Production Assistant
- Experienced Animator
- Pipeline TD
- Experienced Pipeline TD
- Texture Artist
- Experienced Texture Artist
- FX Artist
- Experienced FX Artist
- Experienced Lighter
- Experienced Modeler
- Character FX TD
- Experienced Character FX TD
- Experienced Compositor
- Matte Painter
- Experienced Matte Painter
- Layout Artist
- Experienced Layout Artist
- Experienced Rigger
- Software Engineer (for Web development)
- Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- SHADER WRITER
- Jr. Digital Production Accountant
- Graphics Software Developer - Nuke Pipeline
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned