Join the Team/Job Postings
SIGGOGRAPH INTERVIEW CONSIDERATION
Sony Pictures Imageworks will be interviewing at Siggraph 2017!
SPI Recruiters and Department Leads/Supervisors will be conducting interviews in Downtown Los Angeles from July 31 - Aug. 3rd.
We are currently accepting resumes and reels for interview consideration in the following areas:
FX Technical Directors
Lighting Technical Directors
Character FX Technical Directors
Pipeline Technical Directors
Software Engineer (for Web development)
Principal Shader Writer
Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
Senior Software Engineer Render Efficiency Engineer
How to Apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following information:
* Your Name
* Phone Number
* Email Address
* Days & Times that you will be available for a possible interview
* Resume, Reel and Shot breakdown
Deadline to Apply: July 21, 2017
* We highly recommend that you submit your resume and reel early for review.
* Due to the high volume of applications, you may only hear back from us if you are chosen for an interview.
* Must be in LA during the time of the interviews.
* Details on where to attend the meeting will be given once chosen for interview.
We look forward to seeing you at Siggraph! -Sony Imageworks Recruiting
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Software Engineer (for Web development)
- Software Engineer (for Desktop Apps)
- Texture Painter
- Matte Painter
- Houdini FX Technical Directors
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- iCAD Apprentice - Character FX Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Lighting Artists
- iCAD Apprentice - Houdini FX Artists
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned