Join the Team/Job Postings
PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
The Production Services Technician (PST) position is a great opportunity for technical individuals with an interest in visual effects and animation to assist in the production of feature films. This group is responsible for managing all data for a particular show, including file backup and retrieval, monitoring of renders and image processes, global data transfers and various troubleshooting tasks.
The PST position is often seen as a stepping stone into the rest of the facility since we have high exposure to all of the different departments during the course of a normal production. Since PSTs are quite intimate with the inner workings of the pipeline, we are prime candidates to move into other departments as well. We currently have PST alumni working in various areas of the company...producers, production managers, technical directors, systems, software, training, rigging, layout and more!
- Provide a consistent and professional level of departmental technical expertise and support to digital artists and the production teams
- Manage and maintain all production-related data, both online (disk) and offline (tape)
- Monitor, book, provide initial troubleshooting and see to completion, all renders in the queue
- Monitor critical servers, network and file server load as it affects our workflow
- Ingest media from vendors and clients to conform to facility standards for internal use
- Ensure consistent data transfer between company base and sister facilities
- Process and distribute deliverable media for daily and critical client reviews
- Prepare data for global exchange between third parties using various mediums, such as FTP and firewire
- Implement and help to enforce standard naming conventions and working environments
- Actively find ways to improve operational efficiency of the department and the facility
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Solid Linux or UNIX Operating System experience
- Proven scripting skills (Shell or Python)
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and multitasking abilities.
- Past experiences in a leadership or managerial-type role and previous production experience preferred.
- Knowledge of various graphics applications a plus.
Please note that there may not be any positions immediately open, but we are always accepting applications for potential positions. To apply, please send resume and on-line link to your reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Texture Painter
- Software Engineer - Texture and Matte Painting
- Matte Painter
- Houdini FX Technical Directors
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned