Join the Team/Job Postings
CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
Design, create and refine fully scripted animation rigs for either animation or live action films. Create 3D character rigs and animation interface controls for skeletal motion systems and body/facial deformations.
Successful candidates must be knowledgeable in writing utility scripts and core software tools in order to streamline the character set up process. Candidate is accountable for meeting schedules and show deadlines, participates in dailies, rounds and team reviews of work in progress. Interacts with production, supervisors and team/peers in order to problem solve and share information related to show/assigned tasks. Must be able to troubleshoot as well as follow through on work in progress, dailies, briefings/notes and feedback. Successful candidates should be able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently on rigging projects.
Knowledge of applicable software platforms including LINUX, UNIX, Maya, Mudbox, shell, and MEL scripting language, Python is a plus. 2-5+ years production experience, feature film experience highly desirable. Background or experience in fine art accompanied with a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance and form highly desired. Experience in corrective sculpting and knowledge of anatomy and experience with cloth and hair simulation a plus.
To apply, please send resume and on-line link to your reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Software Engineer - Texture and Matte Painting
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned