Join the Team/Job Postings
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
Designs and creates the look and production methodology needed for dynamic simulation of computer generated hair, fur, cloth and feathers.
Production experience in the creation, or tailoring, of digital costumes and also in the completion of hair, fur and feather combing, or grooming, for digital characters and creatures. Strong knowledge of Maya and character rigging tools and experience in deformations. Experience with dynamic simulations, research and development and technical supervision of a team of artists. Troubleshoots technical problems, combines personal productivity requirements with team supervision in the creation of digital hair, fur, cloth and feathers. Works with production team to determine best possible design solutions. Knowledge of applicable software packages including Maya. Linux and scripting ability in relevant languages including MEL, Perl and Python. 3-5+ years feature film production experience preferred. Must be able to decipher as well as follow through on shot turnovers, dailies, briefings/ notes and feedback.
Please note that there may not be any positions immediately open, but we are always accepting applications for potential positions. To apply, please send resume and on-line link to your reel to: email@example.com
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Software Engineer - Texture and Matte Painting
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned