Join the Team/Job Postings
Plans, prepares and presents technical training curriculum to creative and technical employees. Identifies training requirements for the subject and assembles or creates training materials. Sets up and delivers training at specified times. Assists in the development of new hire training programs and basic tutorials on 3rd party and proprietary software. Maintains reference and training materials on internal web pages. Accountable for supporting company employees in enhancing familiarity with, and working knowledge and manipulation of software tools. Primary subjects covered for this position will be Rigging, Cloth/Hair, and Houdini FX.
Requirements: Proven ability to learn new software and pipelines, knowledge of visual effects and digital animation production in a Linux environment, experience providing training on multiple subjects a plus, some experience with video recording and editing, basic hardware maintenance and troubleshooting preferred, excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills a must. Preferred candidate will have in-depth experience of rigging, cloth/hair and Houdini fx. Scripting ability a big plus.
To Apply:Please submit a reel link, resume, and shot breakdown to email@example.com for consideration.
- Growth Opportunities for advancement
- PRODUCTION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
- Nuke Compositor
- Software Engineer - Texture and Matte Painting
- Lead Matte Painter
- Senior Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Intermediate Systems Engineer (UNIX)
- Digital Trainer
- DATA INFASTRUCTURE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- RENDER EFFICIENCY ENGINEER - ARNOLD TEAM
- RENDERING ENGINEER - ARNOLD
- SENIOR VFX COORDINATOR
- CHARACTER ANIMATION PIPELINE ENGINEER
- Production Tracking Developer
- SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- TEXTURE PAINTER
- CHARACTER TD - PIPELINE
- CHARACTER TD - SETUP/RIGGER
- TECHNICAL DIRECTORS - Color & Lighting
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Hair/Fur/Cloth/Feather Simulation
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - FX
Qualified candidates should send their materials to:
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Attention: Human Resources
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Fax: (310) 840-8888
All artist submissions MUST contain the following:
- Cover Letter which states the position you are applying for and your availability
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio (if applicable to the position)
- Demo Reel and/or Portfolio Breakdown which describes your specific contributions to the work
**Please be sure NOT to send original materials, as submissions will not be returned.**
Submission Tips & Guidelines
- Reels should be on DVD or VHS (NTSC) - Beta or PAL will not be accepted
- Do not send CD ROMS or refer us to a website - hardcopy submissions only
- Reels should be clearly labeled with your name and contact information
- The length of your reel should be limited to 5 minutes and consist of the work you're most proud of beginning with your most recent work
- Music should not contain vocals unless lip-syncing skills are illustrated
- Please include a credit list explaining what you did on your reel and what software (if applicable) was used to achieve the effects
- Demo reels should be well edited and concise (less than 5 minutes).
- ANIMATORS NOTE: Please include all traditional work (life drawings, pencil tests, etc.) either on your reel or with your portfolio
Please be sure your portfolio is clearly labeled with your name, address and telephone number on both the inside and outside.
All portfolios should contain the following:
- Samples of your recent work
- Life Drawings
- Rough Sketches of animals and humans in movement
- Samples of your color and design sense
- We prefer artists to limit their portfolios to 20 pieces representing their strongest current work.
- Do not send original copies of your work as it will not be returned